Thursday, January 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I made a batch of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies for Ladies Poker Night. It is a good thing too, because if I had these around here, lets just say my quest to lose the last of my baby weight would be setback. That was until I found out it was cancelled, but I have faith in my husband to polish off a decent amount of them. The kids will do their part too. Elliott proclaimed them tasty, delicious. Their quota will be limited though, as we don't want them to fill up on cookies. Tomorrow I plan to bring some by our neighbors house, as a thank you for so kindly snow blowing part of our driveway on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I adapted this from a recipe, and made some modifications, like adding the chocolate chips and rolling them in sugar. Here are a couple pictures of them. See below for recipe.



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups Flour
1 1/4 cups Brown Sugar
1 1/4 cups Sugar + 1/4 sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup of margarine
3 egg equivalents from Ener-G Egg Replacer
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. First cream together the sugars and margarine with a mixer, setting aside the extra 1/4 sugar for later. Next add the vanilla, egg equivalents, peanut butter, and baking soda and mix well. Scrape the sides of the bowl in between mixing. Add the flour and until it is consistent mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips or mix them in with your hands. Make dough into golf ball size balls, and then roll in sugar until well coated. Bake in over for 14-16 minutes or golden brown. Makes 2-3 dozen cookies depending on size you make them.


No comments:

Post a Comment