It is that time of year again, and the kids start pre-school tomorrow. It will be Elliott's second year and Evelyn's first. They always have a snack in the mornings and it is provided by the parents on a rotating schedule. I always send vegan options like hemp, soy, or almond milk and vegan cheese crackers.
If you are interested in some guidelines for what worked for our family communicating about vegan options, see our list/instructions below.
How does your school do it? What does your family do for snack time and treats at school?
List of Vegan Snacks He/She Can Eat
- Fruit (fresh and dried)
- Graham Crackers
- Teddy Grahams
- Stauffer’s and Barnum and Bailey’s Animal Crackers
- Cheerios, Kix, Life, Chex Cereal
- Veggie Booty
- Earth’s Best Organic Smiley Snacks
- Wheat Thins (All kinds EXCLUDING Parmesan Basil, Cream Cheese & Chives, Ranch)
- Triscuits (All kinds EXCLUDING Parmesan Garlic and Quattro Formaggio
- Soy or Coconut Yogurt
- Stacy’s Pita Chips (All kinds EXCLUDING Parmesan Garlic)
- Stacy’s Bagel Bites
- Ritz Crackers
- Sesame Sticks
- Trader Joe’s Bagel Chips: Whole Wheat, Everything, or Sea Salt
- Popcorn (Without butter or cheese)
- Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes
- Pita Chips: Cinnamon & Sugar, w/Sea Salt, w/ Sesame Seeds
- Pirate’s Veggie Booty
- Eco Planet’s Pretzel Crackers and Cheddar Non-Dairy Crackers
- Annie’s Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Any meat, chicken, fish products
- Dairy Products (Cheese, yogurt, milk, cottage cheese)
- Pepperidge Farm Fish Crackers (all kinds contain dairy)
Note: We DO eat products labeled like the label on the right, where the product was manufactured or may contain trace amounts of milk or eggs.