Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Holidays and Exciting News!


The past couple weeks have been a whirl wind, so I haven't been on here except to quick post the peanut brittle recipe

It is hard to believe, but a couple weeks ago, I was bestowed with some very exciting news. Two of the recipes I submitted to the VegNews holiday cookie contest were in the group of top ten finalists! Winners were to be announced a week later.

On the day the results were promised, I neurotically checked for them more times than I care to admit. It was my husband who first saw the announcement.

I won the VegNews holiday cookie contest! Many happy dances later.........I calmed down enough to see for myself. 

All the recipes sounded absolutely amazing, I was so blown away to be chosen. It was an honor to be a finalist, let alone win. I wish they shared the rest of the finalist recipes as they all sound delicious! 


The winning recipe was my chocolate sugar cookies iced with crushed candy cane topping. Since the VegNews staff are sent all sorts of vegan treats to test, it made the win all the more sweet. 

Still pinching myself that I'll soon be whipping up treats with the Kitchen Aid stand mixer that I won. I've dreamed of having one, but t'was not in the family budget. Thank you, thank you VegNews!

 This momma can hardly wait for the next vegan bake sale to utilize this wonderful prize for a good cause other than making treats for the family.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I was following the contest and you definitely had a winner! What a great way to end 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I never got around to making your recipe this x-mas, but have lots of candy canes leftover, so will have to try it at some point... x-mas in July??

    ReplyDelete