Our family celebrated Easter a little early this year with some adorable bunny cupcakes. They are easy to make and fun to nosh on.
These were vanilla cupcakes made using a recipe I saw on Finding Vegan for the fluffiest vanilla cupcakes. They were perfectly light a fluffy.
To create these little delights you'll need:
- Dandies Marshmallows
- Jelly beans
- Mini chocolate chips (large would work too)
- Jimmy sprinkles.If you like the little mouth and ears, I used blue and pink piped frosting.
Steps to decorate cupcake
- First slice the marshmallows in half, then stretch them a little to create the ears.
- Use an 1M frosting tip to make the bunny head (you could also cut a large hole in the tip of a zip lock bag about a 1/2 inch wide)
- Attach the ears by pushing into the frosting.
- Using a little dab of frosting attach a chocolate chip to two jelly beans and place them for eyes.
- Add another jelly bean for the bunny's nose
- Select out jimmies to make whiskers and place on the cupcake.
- If you like the little mouth and ears, pipe them on. I used blue and pink piped frosting.
Fluffy Whipped Vanilla Frosting
1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2 tsp. vanilla
4-6 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
3 1/2-4 cups powdered sugar
Cream together the margarine, vanilla and shortening. Slowly mix in powdered sugar and non-dairy milk, alternating between the two. Add more powdered sugar or soy milk to obtained desired texture. Once mixed well, beat for about ten minutes until frosting is nice and fluffy.