Today's lunch was a simple one that took a little over 5 minutes to whip up. It is always imperative to have quick, simple lunches for the busy days.
Since we ate a little late, I missed the opportunity to grab a picture before the food was devoured. That is what happens whenever we eat late.
Anyways, we ate chickpea sandwiches, watermelon, steamed broccoli, raw carrots, hummus and pinneaple. To make the chickpea sanwiches, all you do is mash up a can of chickpeas and mix in Nayonaise or Vegenaise (1/2 - 3/4 cups) with a little garlic and onion powder.
Items Used for Meal:
1) Can of Organic Chickpeas ($1.50, Whole Foods, Eden Organics because the can isn't lined with BPA), 2) 3/4 cup Nayonaise (*$1.00, Whole Foods)
3) 1/3 Bag of Organic Broccoli ($1.00, Trader Joe's)*
4) Organic Baby Carrots ($0.50, Trader Joes)*
5) 1/4 small Watermelon ($0.75, Trader Joe's)*
6) 1/8 Pinneapple, ($.0.50, Trader Joe's)
7) Organic Bread for three sandwiches ($.0.90, Trader Joe's)
Total Time Spent Making Meal: 5-7 minutes
Total Cost of Meal for Family of Four (Auntie was over for lunch): $6.15, or a more than $1.50 per person
*Item cost only includes the cost of the amount used. For example, the watermelon cost $3.00, but we only ate about 1/4 of it.