First and foremost though, Elliott had to confirm it wasn't really made out of pigs. Yep that is right, doing his mama and papa proud. I think compassion for ALL animals comes naturally to children if you allow it to develop on its own. That got me to thinking of a better name for the vegan version of pigs in a blanet. If you've got a good idea, please pass it along.
As you can see, the kids loved helping out again. They brushed the veggie dogs with some olive oil to help prevent them from drying out in the oven. We added a little vegan cheese in them, and wrapped them up. They were pretty tasty dipped in ketchup or mustard. Next time, we'll roll the dough out a little thinner, but other than that I wouldn't change anything.
Items Used for Meal:
1) Pre-made dough ($1.00, Trader Joe's),
2) 1 package of Smart life veggie dogs ($2.39 Trader Joes)
3) 1/4 block Cheezly Soy Free Cheese ($1.33, Vegan Essentials)
4) 1/3 Package Organic Steamed Broccoli ($1.00, Trader Joe's)
5) 1 pint Organic Raspberries, ($3.29, Trader Joe's)
Total Time Spent Making Meal: 20 minutes, without kids it would have taken about 10-15 minutes
Total Cost of Meal for Family of Four: $9.01, or $2.25 per person