Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vegan Mofo: Lunch Leftovers

You may have noticed I fell off the planet for a week. Please accept my apologies, as my neck was out, and then we had no power or access to the Internet from the winter snow storm last week. This is a post I started last week and didn't get to share.

Whenever I open the fridge and discover enough leftovers to piece together a tasty meal, it always a pleasant surprise. Today was one of those days. We had leftover Chick'n Scallopini, watermelon, butternut squash, avocado, and pita pockets with hummus.


Items Used for Meal:


1) Leftover Chick'n Scallopini ($ $1.31, Super Target)
2) Avocado ($1.00, Trader Joes)
3) Roasted Butternut Squash ($.50, Trader Joe's)
4) Whole Wheat Pita Pockets & Garlic Hummus ($0.50, Trader Joes)
5) 1/6 small Watermelon ($0.50, Trader Joe's)

Total Time Spent Making Meal: 5 minutes

Total Cost of Meal for Family of Three: $3.81, or $1.27 per person

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great lunch, I love making up a plate of random leftovers.

    ReplyDelete