Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vegan Cupcake Cuties

While I enjoy making tasty cupcakes, it is fun to find simple ways to decorate them. I conjured up this monkey and lion design, because Evie loves animals. It made them all the more special at birthday parties where the cake wasn't vegan.

The best part is they are easy to make and take no time at all!



To make the monkey, I used peanut butter Oreos, but haven't been able to find them in stores anymore. Luckily, Newman's makes an organic vegan version of them. All I did for the monkey's face, was shape some marzipan to make the snout, and chocolate chips for the ears. The rest is just piped chocolate and vanilla icing.




The lion is made from Anna's cookies with marzipan to make the face and ears. The features are piped chocolate icing and pink tinted vanilla frosting. Next time around, I'll probably cut up a fruit leather or gun drop to make the nose. 

Cupcake on Foodista

2 comments: