Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vegan Mofo Day 4

Not starting out so great with this Mofo thing. In all fairness, yesterday I was dealing with a pre-schooler who had the stomach flu. I'll spare you the details, but blogging was the last thing in my mind. Yesterday's meal was put together with my son's illness in mind, not noteworthy.


Sorry for the low quality picture. I just snapped it with my phone. Next time, I'll make sure to get a better one.

Tonight's dinner consisted of baked tofu (pre-made), roasted butternut squash, roasted spinach chips, and fresh raspberries. I prepared the squash last night, since we were making boxed vegan mac and cheese, steamed potatoes, and banana.

Baked Tofu (1 1/2 packages, $5.00, Whole Foods)
Roasted Butternut Squash (1/2 butternut squash $1.25, Trader Joe's)
Organic Roasted Spinach Chips ($3.00, Trader Joe's)
Couscous (prepared half a box, $1.50, Trader Joe's)
Fresh Raspberries ($3.29, Trader Joe's)

Time Spent Making Meal: 20 minutes + 10 minutes (squash made yesterday)
Total Cost of Meal for Family of Four: $14.04, or $3.51 per person

No comments:

Post a Comment