Monday, October 10, 2011

Classic Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


As I've said before, I veganized a few recipes while transitioning to being vegan many years ago. This was the first one I converted. It is a recipe I've got memorized in my head and isn't written down anywhere. Now it finally will be.

The new addition to the recipe are the peanut butter chips I recently developed a simple recipe for last spring.  These are so delicious, and I hope you enjoy them!


Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 egg replacer equivalents or 1/2 cup applesauce
2 1/4 flour
1 bag of vegan chocolate chips

First pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl cream together the sugars and non-hydrogenated margarine. Next add vanilla and egg replacer and mix well. Then add the flour and mix until fully combined. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips by hand. 

Scoop out 1-2 tbsp. of cookie dough and space 1-2 inches apart, depending on the size of the cookies you are making. Bake for 9 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 5 minutes before removing them to eat.

8 comments:

  1. These look great! I have been wanting to try a Vegan recipe, but am afraid

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe, these look so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never go wrong with pb and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like the perfect choc chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! I will definitely have to give these a try this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, what egg replacer did you use for these? applesauce seems to make my cookies look too wet

    ReplyDelete