Saturday, October 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup S'mores


Recently our family went camping for the first time. The idea for peanut butter cup s'mores was born on that trip. I've been slightly obsessed with creating them since, and feel sated now I've gotten my fix. And yes, it is as good as it looks.

There is no complicated baking or instructions here, sometimes simple is all you need for a scrumptious outcome.

Today I was at Ethique Nouveau, our lovely twin cities vegan store, and picked up some Go Max Go Cleo Peanut Butter Cups. Oh man, are they ever good!

You can also grab some Dandies vegan marshmallows there too, or at Whole Foods. All I did was roast up some marshmallows, and toss the peanut butter cup on some graham crackers, and sandwich in the warm marshmallows. Melty, ooey, gooey deliciousness followed.

Honestly it was a challenge to stop and photograph it. I wanted to eat it RIGHT AWAY. The second I was done, this was polished off in no time!

Below is a s'mores bar I made in last fall, so I'd have a good recipe to enjoy s'mores when the snow flies. It is more work than pb cup s'moes, but I promise it won't disappoint! Just an idea to file away for a later date.


Don't forget to enter the two Mofo giveaways I've got going now. The first is for a $25 gift certificate at Vegan Essentials (ends today, Saturday October 8th). The second is for 18 Eli's Earth Bars (2 winners) and a copy of Vegan Lunch Box (1 winner), which ends next Wednesday, October 12th.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, that looks insanely good! I still have some leftover marshmallows from my summer camping trip. The way that chocolate peanut butter cup is melting underneath the marshmallow looks amazing. Must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Idea. Ever.
    I just made some peanut butter cups fro veganmofo and this is definitely going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a big bonfire last night with friends and made s'mores using Sweet-n-Sara marshmallows. As incredible as they were, I'm sure they pale in comparison to the PB cup s'mores! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GENIUS. You and the late Steve Jobs have something in common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks sooo good! What brand are the graham crackers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a growing list of "things to get next time I am at the vegan store". I have to add dandie's and cleo's now. Those look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, YUM! I'm jealous that they sell Dandies at your Whole Foods... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. The graham crackers are Keebler Original Graham Crackers. http://www2.kelloggs.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=1240

    I've also heard Nabisco makes a vegan version.

    What I REALLY want to try are Sweet & Sara Graham crackers. They look amazing!

    http://store.veganessentials.com/sweet--sara-vegan-graham-crackers-p3401.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks delicious <3

    ReplyDelete