Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Roasted Butternut Squash Seeds



I always love this time of year, particularly for the squash and pumpkin dishes. Roasted butternut squash is a household favorite with second, third, and forth helpings requested.

Wait don't throw those seeds away! Oh my, these are so nummy! There were a couple squabbles over this treat, since there aren't as many seeds as a good size pumpkin would have inside it.

They are so divine just roasted in the oven until golden brown. All you need to do is: lightly spray a pan, spread out rinsed seeds on pan, lightly spray tops with oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast in oven on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 7-10 minutes. Keep a close eye on them, as they cook faster than pumpkin seeds.

It would make a tasty treat for a small Halloween party, but if there are a lot of people coming they'll disappear too fast for everyone to get some. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Those sound excellent! How do they taste as compared to pumpkin seeds? I don't cook squash so often, but I definitely want to try this next time I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is pretty similar to a pumpkin seed, but since they are smaller they are crunchier. If I could choose, I would pick these over pumpkin seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love squash seeds and yours look perfectly toasted. BTW, I passed on the Liebster Blog award to you. You can get directions on how to pick it up and award it to others on my post for today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Vegan Mamma blogs so I just wanted to tell you I love your blog and I wanted to pass on the love with a Liebster Award. Check out how it works on my blog post http://threeandahalfvegans.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-first-double-post-in-one-day.html and pass on the blog love!

    ReplyDelete